Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Finding the Dress!

Dress Shopping - One and Done

So, I went dress shopping on May 28th, and I wasn't really expecting to find a dress that same day. I was very lucky to be able to go with my grandma, mom, and my sister.  :) I went in with the expectation that I was probably going to have to make more than one appointment and that it would take at least 10 dresses tried on before I found "the one."

When I got to the store, the people were super sweet. They were amazing at getting me into the undergarments that go under a wedding dress (corset and spanx, yikes!) and they were great at making me feel comfortable.

I tried on the first dress and I really liked it, but I didn't want to go with the first dress because I also know that sometimes the excitement gets to you and you say "yes" to the first thing you try on. So, I tried on about 5 more dresses, but each time I kept thinking back to the first one.

After I tried on like the 6th dress, I decided to re-try the first one back on, and I decided to go with that one. It looks absolutely amazing on me and I can't wait to walk down the isle in it! I know everyone will be just blown away. We are going to custom add some some princess-like sleeves to it and change the color of the dress, so it will be a one-of-a-kind dress. No one else in the world will have the dress I am going to wear! I'm super duper excited. Only about a year left to go and I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

  1. You seriously looked so gorgeous!! I can't wait to see you on your wedding day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your crazy face. When can I go over so we can experiment with hairstyles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your crazy face. When can I go over so we can experiment with hairstyles?

    ReplyDelete